I have the same problem every year........ someone’s birthday rocks around and I am TOTALLY unprepared for it and end up making something and sending it weeks (and sometimes months!!!) later.....or offering some feeble excuse and feeling exceptionally bad!!!!! I am known as the ultimate procrastinator...... So for 2013, I thought I’d try something a little bit different and thought, if you're like me, you might just want to join me!
Each month I will round up a number of different free patterns off the web, just simple but very lovely things, to make for birthday gifts....and each month I WILL COMMIT to making something (because I’ll be prepared!), and stashing them away for when the time is right to parcel them up and send them off so they arrive ON TIME for some lucky birthday gal or guy!
So, are you in the same boat as me??? Are you itching to join me in creating your own Birthday Love Stash???
Then here we go.....
1. grab a small calendar diary from the ‘cheap’ shop where you can list all the birthdays of the people you want to make gifts for in 2013 and do just that....add their birthdays in so you can see at a glance who you need to make for in the following month (an probably even the first week of the next month!) ...or add dates to your Outlook or other platform diary if that's easier
2. Grab my button and put it up on your sidebar, linking back to me, and on the last weekend of the month, I’ll post some birthday links.
3. Make a post on your blog - letting all your readers know about your birthday love stash plans....you know it’s a commitment we all need, and the encouragement doesn’t go astray either!!!!!
4. sign up using with Mr Linky (just use your blog name and don't forget to add where you live) so that we know who to come and visit to see the cool gifts you’ve made (remember, you don’t have to tell who they’re for, so even if they’re for another blogger, it will still be a surprise and you don’t HAVE to use the ideas I suggest, they’re pure motivators......we’d love to visit you to get more inspiration!!!)
5. Create, create, create, over the weekend and the following
6. Then, on the
So......are you beginning to get a little bit interested???
Here are my first few ideas for gorgeous birthday gifts for January....
.........a lovely, simple table runner designed by Dawn Hay that can be made from and fabric to suit your ‘giftee’ despite it saying it’s a Christmas runner can be downloaded from HERE.
And this cute little purse that I found HERE.... (thanks Khris!!! ) and you can find the English tutorial if you click on the picture...
A needlecase for a stitching friend.....you know you can never have too many needlecases...and with Fiona’s great tutorial HERE, you’ll have lots made in a flash!
An oldie, but a goodie.......
photo courtesy of Designs by Fee
Fee has a tutorial on her blog to make some gorgeous shabby gloves.....and if you’re like me and HATE housework, these just might make it seem a bit more bearable!!!!
a gorgeous tea towel design from my lovely friend Jen...
photo courtesy of Jenny of Elefantz
you can find it HERE
Now there’s a few to start you off! Don’t forget to go and visit each of the designers and thank them for their generosity......they make our life so much easier....and they always love to hear it when their ideas spring to life in someone else’s hands !
don’t forget to link up and join in on the Birthday Love Stash 2013 for January!
Sugary Hugs xox :O)