I’ve been making a real effort to start looking after my health a bit more so losing weight has been top priority…..I started on a great metabolism boosting, calorie counting program (no…it’s not a ‘diet’) and I’m now in my third week and have lost 4.4kg…..I’m so happy to be seeing progress!
I even get to have some treats, so today I’m making low fat anzac biscuits…..
….hmmmmmm…..that oven needs a good clean again!!!! Doesn’t take long to dirty it up! Should tell the manufacturers I’m really not impressed with their self-cleaning oven that doesn’t clean itself!! *wink*
Nonetheless, it didn’t have any effect on the outcome and these anzac biscuits are yummy, good for you and only 70 calories each….
….and dear hubby can’t even tell the difference!
Would you like the recipe?? I’m willing to share……
Low-fat Anzac Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup each plain flour and wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 cup each brown sugar and desiccated coconut
- 80g reduced-fat canola spread
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 160˚C (140˚C for fan-forced oven). Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine oats, flours, brown sugar and coconut in a bowl, stir to combine.
- Place canola spread and honey into a saucepan over medium heat and cook until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla. Place bicarb. soda in a bowl, add 2 tablespoons boiling water then stir into the honey mixture until combined.
- Add the honey mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. Roll 2 teaspoons of mixture into a ball using slightly wet hands and place onto baking trays, leaving room for spreading. Repeat with remaining mixture. Flatten each ball slightly with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes approx. 32
And I thought I’d give myself another treat……and pre-ordered myself a copy of some more yummy deliciousness …..
But oh, what to choose…….
And the lovely Sarah from Quilt Fabric Delights sent me this catalogue to tempt me…..
I think I’ll have one of each…after all, I’m not on a fabric ‘diet’ am I???? *wink*