see how hard the girls were concentrating???? None of them even knew I took a photo….sneaky, hey????? But I always stress over what to make for lunch……don’t want anything too heavy, not too light, not too rich, not too sweet, not too……you get the idea …..
Well, whilst I deliberated on Sunday, my own little masterchef hubby, who loves to help out when he can, googled some recipes and came up with this one……
Prosciutto and Zucchini pies with Fetta.
I made these the night before and we had them cold……but they were still so delicious with a knock-together salad……and healthy too! Each one is only 137 calories, and I never even used the same amount of eggs and cheese as the recipe called for, so probably less!!!
I know Jen’s been telling people over on her blog because I’ve been getting emails asking me for the recipe…so here it is …..
- Spray oil
- 24 thin slices of prosciutto
- 12 eggs (I used 10 and that was enough)
- 2 tblspns chopped chives (I used spring onions or eschallots, finely chopped)
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally (silly me didn’t read the instructions....I grated them! Still worked well)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g fetta, crumbled
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Spray twelve 150ml capacity muffin pans with oil. Line each pan with 2 slices of prosciutto, slightly overlapping.
2. Whisk eggs in a large jug. Stir in the chives (or spring onions/eschallots) and season with pepper. (NO salt....prosciutto makes it salty enough) Divide the egg mixture among the prepared pans, filling each about 2/3 full. Top with zucchini and halved tomato. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the egg is just set. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
3. Run a knife around the inside edge of each pan to remove the pies.....whilst still warm, top with fetta.
4. Serve with salad and topped with basil leaves. Taste equally nice warm or cold (makes 12)
There was a date and pecan cake too and Peppermint Aero bar slice……drooling yet???…..but I’ll add those recipes later in the week! All ready for our Friday Night Sew In, which is this Friday….sign up’s tomorrow!!!!! Don’t forget! And it will be Heather’s birthday then too…..so don’t forget to go and wish her a very happy day on Friday!!!
And yes, I did get some stitching done………
..in fact, my Mrs Beasley Sampler Quilt BOM block 1, from the last Vignette magazine, is done!
So I’ll have to work on something else on FNSI night won’t I??? I wonder what I will choose!!????
Sugary hugs xox :o)