- Spray oil
- 24 thin slices of prosciutto
- 12 eggs (I used 10 and that was enough)
- 2 tblspns chopped chives (I used spring onions or eschallots, finely chopped)
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally (silly me didn’t read the instructions....I grated them! Still worked well)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g fetta, crumbled
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
Wednesday, 14 August 2013
Food and Friendship, with stitching thrown in for good measure!
Monday was the day for our sewing group’s regular get together and this week it was at my place! (HI Jen, Michelle (no blog) and Heather!!!) see how hard the girls were concentrating???? None of them even knew I took a photo….sneaky, hey????? But I always stress over what to make for lunch……don’t want anything too heavy, not too light, not too rich, not too sweet, not too……you get the idea ….. Well, whilst I deliberated on Sunday, my own little masterchef hubby, who loves to help out when he can, googled some recipes and came up with this one…… Prosciutto and Zucchini pies with Fetta. I made these the night before and we had them cold……but they were still so delicious with a knock-together salad……and healthy too! Each one is only 137 calories, and I never even used the same amount of eggs and cheese as the recipe called for, so probably less!!! I know Jen’s been telling people over on her blog because I’ve been getting emails asking me for the recipe…so here it is …..