Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- · Cocoa powder, organic if possible (2-3 tablespoons)
- · Coconut milk, full fat (2 cups)
- · Sea salt (pinch)
- · Honey (1/4 cup) — or use organic cane sugar or stevia to taste
- · Vanilla extract, real — (1 TBS)
- · Egg yolks, pastured or free-range organic (4 egg yolks)
EquipmentIce cream maker
Directions1. Add coconut milk and cocoa powder to medium saucepan on low heat and whisk to combine.
2. Stir in the sea salt, honey (or sugar or stevia) and vanilla extract, and whisk until honey is incorporated. Remove from heat. (Note: If you are using stevia, you don’t need to heat it.)
3. Whisk in the egg yolks.
4. Chill this mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator. (You can skip this step if you’re not heating it.)
5. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions of your ice cream maker. In 30-45 minutes you will have ice cream! (If you don’t have an ice cream maker, place in a baking pan and after a few hours, take out and mix. This breaks down the ice crystals. You may have to do this a few times) Enjoy! It’s too chilly here for ice cream at the moment but this one’s going in my recipe file, that’s for sure! PS. Don’t forget to go back to my previous posts and link up for FNSI…..wheeeeeee….my favourite time of the month….can’t wait! Sugary hugs xox