I did tell you I’d have ‘healthy’ and ‘chocolate’ in the same recipe didn’t I? Well, I forgot to tell you there would be some ‘scrumdiddlyumptious’ in there too!
How would you feel if I told you the recipe was for some CHOCOLATE BLISS BALLS ? mm mmmmmmmmmm???
These are so easy to make and full of protein and fibre, you just can’t feel bad about eating them. *wink*
This recipe makes 10 serves, one ball is one serve and you can keep them in the fridge or freezer to snack on as you wish. But be careful, you will only need one or two with a glass of wine or hot beverage as each ball is packed full of 100 calories (420kj) of goodness. As they say, every good thing in moderation!
CHOCOLATE BLISS BALLS
- 67 unsalted almonds
- 90 grams pitted, dried dates (approx 13)
- 11 grams cocoa/cacao (approx 2 3/4 tspns)
- 3/4 tspn coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tspn chia seeds
- 2/3 tspn vanilla extract
- 1/4 tspn cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- Place almonds in a food processor and blend until ground well.
- Add dates, cocoa, coconut oil, chia seeds, vanilla and cinnamon and blend until well combined. If you need to adjust quantities of ingredients to reach a consistency that’s easy to roll into balls, then do so.
- Roll mixture into 10 bite-sized balls and roll in desiccated coconut.
- Refrigerate to firm up a little. Can be frozen.
|Energy: 420kj/100cal||Fat: 6g|
|Protein: 1.6g||Saturated Fat: 1/5g|
mmmmmm….can’t wait till Friday
xox Sugary hugs :o)